Sunday 17 February 2013

"Left or right?"

In life there are so many tough decisions, how can we be sure we've made the right choice? What if we end up regretting that choice and end up looking back wishing things went differently?

  I'm currently at a "cross-road", I have no idea what to do.. where do I go? "Left or right?" I have two universities that I have offers from that I can't really decide between at all. Up until recently I was so sure I wanted to go to the first University, as it's one of the best for Journalism in the UK and I was impressed by the open day. However yesterday I went to an interview for the second university and I really liked it there, the place had character and the people I met were really nice. I feel really torn... What if I pick one university and wish I had chosen the other? Which one will help me to achieve more in my career path? It's such a hard decision that no one else can really make, it's all up to me and that's what scares me. I feel like I'm growing up so fast, this is the foundation for the path of my future, what if I make the "wrong choice"? I don't want to end up regretting everything, constantly looking back to the past thinking, "if only"... I really hate feeling so indecisive. There are times when I just wish that I could look ahead into future but then again who doesn't?

7 comments:

  1. Such a relatable post.
    I don't know about the UK, but in Australia you can apply to transfer universities during your course, so if you do decide you didn't make the right choice for you that might be an option.
    Don't stress yourself out too much, there is no right or wrong choice, it is whatever suits you best :)

    Lovely blog, I've followed you.

    Samantha xx

    http://thislust.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see, I actually didn't think of that so I looked into it and you can transfer universities, it's just a lengthly process but at least it's possible :) and you're right there is really no wrong or right choice, in the end I just have to with my gut feeling xD

      Thank you, I'm glad you like my blog & thank you for following to, I like your blog as well :) (I followed you back)

      Delete
  2. First of all, I hope you make a decision that you're happy with! Just think about it carefully, and then take risks! You'll never know what will happen!

    You have a beautiful blog, I'm a new follower♥

    thepanpan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think I know where I want to go now but I'm going to look into it more before I make a definate final choice.

      Aw thank you for following :) I'm glad you like my blog ♥
      I've followed you aswell xD

      Delete
  3. hello! i'm applying to university this year too so high five! i know exactly what you are feeling now :)

    i would compare both courses and see which one would you enjoy the most. then, look at other factors such as accommodation, city area, funding etc

    the most important thing is to be happy with your choice :)

    nice blog and i've followed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) oh really? high five xD It's a really stressful process isn't it? I was stuck on my personal statement for ages!

      Yea I think that's what I'll do before I make any 100% decisions, at the moment I am leaning towards one uni more then the other as they seem to have better accomodation/it's cheaper. But yea happiness is the key thing to consider :)

      Aw thank you for following :) I'll follow you too, oh btw good luck on your uni applications, hope all goes well :)

      Delete
  4. Much love,
    Wengie
    www.wengie.com"
    "You have an awesome blog <3

    ReplyDelete